COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The information we collect from you varies depending on the way you use our Services. When you simply browse our public website as a consumer (“Consumer”) to explore our Services or to learn more about us, the information we collect and use is different from the information we collect if you are a Helmsman Group business user (“Business User”) or a Business User’s authorized user (“Authorized User”) and purchase and/or license one of our products or services. Below, we describe the different ways we might collect information from you.
Information You Provide to Us
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
Information We Derive
USE OF INFORMATION
- Process and facilitate transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and customer experience surveys;
- Personalize and improve your experience with our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your requests, comments, and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by THE HELMSMAN GROUP, LLC and others and provide white papers, news, and information that you request or that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt-out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Services based on information provided by our advertising partners;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of THE HELMSMAN GROUP, LLC and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- We share personal information at your direction with other third parties with whom you have directed us to share certain information.
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as posting to our blog using Facebook (Meta), Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram we may share certain information with the integration partners.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of THE HELMSMAN GROUP, LLC, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Helmsman Group and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.